Thursday, December 13, 2012

Community outing

To get Dad ready to go home they were having physical therapy out in the community to practice crossing streets, walking on sidewalks, using steps...he called last night to let us know he would be near Mikes work in case he wanted to meet up. Schedules worked out so he went and we got this update...
I went to meet him. Couldn't find him so I went outside. Then here he comes walking down 17th street!!! The man!!! Walking at a decent pace. Had about 4 aides but he walked by himself. He smiled real big when he saw me. It was awesome! All the stress of this week...seeing him eating a cookie in center city Philly made it all go away! I'm still blown away at seeing how good he is doing!

1 comment:

  1. What a thrill for you Mike. Thank you for sharing your special 'date!'.Another big step on Jimmy's recover process. This IS awsome.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete