Thursday, August 8, 2013

letter to Paul Simon

Paul,

I am a 61 year old man and a career long fan of yours. 

On September 19, 2012 I suffered a Traumatic Brain Injury and a stroke.  I was unconscious for quite some time.  When I awoke I used my imagination to create brain activity. I believe this activity saved my life.

During my therapy my Neuro Psychologist had me use a computer for brain therapy; I used Google for the first time in my life.  I googled  Elcondor. This is the imaginary character I created in my head at that time.  To my surprise I heard a song that I enjoyed for a very long time but never knew the name of it. 

I thank you for Elcondor Pasa.  Listening to Elcondor is the way I lived my life, creating Elcondor saved my life.

I am very glad to feel the earth beneath my feet.

                              Thank you very much,

2 comments:

  1. You were so excited to share this with me & others. I didn't know you created the character of Elcondor, but I am so glad it helped you to come back to all of US.
    Love, hugs, & kisses
    xxx Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie - one day when he was in the Step Down Unit he was a basket ball player and his name was ElCondor. There was also LaContraros. Jimmy was speaking Spanish that day!! Remember it seemed like every day it was somebody else! xoxo Karen

      Delete