Thursday, November 15, 2012

Update 11/15

When I walked in today to Dad's physical therapy session he was sitting in his new wheelchair (one that he can move himself) drinking a glass (well a plastic cup) of water talking to his therapist. I stayed back but his therapist waved me over. That was when I noticed that his trach was removed! He sounded and looked great. But he is very hard on himself about forgetting things he should know or about people being proud that he can do things that should be easy for him. If only he understood how far he has come.

Quotes of the day:
"I am loved so much it's unbelievable!"
So true!

"I don't start fights, I end them."
That's a definite daddy line that we've heard many times.

2 comments:

  1. Patty, Jimmy, Tricia and JimmersNovember 16, 2012 at 12:25 PM

    Jim:

    You can't even begin to imagine the love people have for you. The suppliers and customers of Camden Glass inquire about you each and every day. My family members inquire about you each and every day. They have the kindest words to say about you and everyone of those words are the truth. Keep working hard Jim...we have all the faith in the world in you! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best news! Just keep loving him. I have to share this personal story - when my Pop-Pop had brain cancer he had a sudden surgery that really changed him and none of us expected it. It was really hard to accept, especially since it wasn't as if he was on the recovery route like Uncle Jim is. I have to say one of the coolest things about it was how happy my Pop was and how loving and sharing he was. He wasn't always like that. I hold on to that as a very special experience. Your Dad is going to get better every day. It's so good that he knows how loved he is. And I know he is being hard on himself, but hell, it is hard even for healthy people to accept love a lot of times. Just keep giving it to him, for all of us. And it is great they way you laugh through tears with him at how crummy the accident was and how excellent his road to recovery is, all at once. Many hugs and kisses to you guys! This is great news!!

    ReplyDelete