So Monday visiting was suspended because of hurricane sandy. Tuesday we were able to go up in the late afternoon/evening and dad was so tired from therapy that he slept the whole time. Then yesterday (Wednesday) it was the same thing so today (Thursday) we got there early enough to see him awake and keep him up until the evening so he wasn't up all night. I was there for physical therapy and he did great getting himself up out of his wheelchair and he walked the hallway twice (with some support of course but it was all upper body, he did the walking.) Although he was easily distracted and was mad that the therapists wouldn't let him turn the corner (walk into someone elses room) or go through the locked doors. So he was making all sorts of plans. I don't think that he really knew who I was, but at one point he was
walking and said, "Look I'm running almost as good as Jami." and he
looked at me and laughed so that made me think he knew me and the family
joke that I can't run. He was also fixated on building gardens and planting flowers so he was making plans for all sorts of gardens. His speech therapist even resorted to talking about flowers - what he had in the garden and where etc. Speech was his last therapy and I would say he had trouble focusing but did really good staying awake and "hanging out" with us until shower/bedtime. So hopefully he sleeps well tonight.
So I'll leave you again with a few funny things that Dad said (these are from Ally):
Dad: put milk on the flowers they'll grow
Mom: what?! I think you put water on flowers not milk.
Dad (winking and laughing): Kar, don't we put milk on the flowers?
Dad was talking about working on a twenty million dollar job
Mom: and what would you say your name was if you were working on a twenty million dollar job?
Dad: mr. Millionaire!
"I'll go in the closet and say I'm pregnant"
"you're pregnant?!"
"no but I know my little daughter won't say it" and pointed to me
He was talking about fighting people and never let someone trap you in a corner..
"that's right you don't let anyone trap you in the corner"
"I'll let them if they're brave enough to put me in a corner!" -dad
Kisses mom and says "I love you"
"did you just say you loved me!" -mom
"yeah, I was expecting to get smacked in the head for something!" and laughed
"hey babyyyy do you wanna dance!" - dad singing and holding moms hands dancing. Then he laughs and goes "I hit that one right on the numb nuts!"
"feel my head"
"do u know why it feels like that? You bopped your head. Do you remember that?"
"no, but I know I did it because I'm an idiot"
No comments:
Post a Comment