Pictures, pictures, pictures. That was the obsession today. The morning started with him playing with Uno cards that Ally and Matt brought. He did pretty good with the numbers and trying to sort. He worked with them for a while but he kept relating them to faxes and emails and eventually to pictures. After that happened we took pictures for the rest of the day. Seriously, the guy never ever posed or took a pic in his life but he became a photographer posing everyone any way he could think of and he knew if you moved before a picture was snapped. He was talking about his grand kids a lot, calling them his babies. He misses them, made sure their picture was in all the pics we were taking and he said he wanted them to sit on his lap.
So he is doing pretty well. He is really funny. His thoughts seem to make some sense. He was very lfrustrated when he would say something wrong or couldn't remember something. He's come a long way so keep on sending prayers.
A few funny things he said today:
Uncle Marty came in and when dad heard and recognized his voice he got a huge smile and said "Marty's here. Un-f@#$in'-believable!"
He made a muscle. "That's what it looks like. I'm one strong guy."
Dad: You remember that 50 page paper we did?
Kate: yeah
Dad: The way you looked at me I can tell you don't.
Karen: I've never taken this many pictures in my life.
Dad: I know. I'm surprised the camera isn't broken.
Dad to Matt: remember those things I had for walking?
Matt: no man I don't
Dad: oh mike you're moving up!






Pictures are always a good thing...memories...
ReplyDeleteJimmy does make me smile, it feels good.
xxx